Friday, October 8, 2010

Slim Down for Good

#1-Keep it simple-Do not eat processed foods. Eat whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, and lean protein.
#2-Eat often. Eat a protein (the size of your palm), carb (the size of your fist), and fat (the size of your thumb) PLUS as many green veggies as possible at each meal. Eat every three or so hours. Going too long between each meal slows down your metabolism.
#3-Fill up with Fiber. Eat foods with fiber all day. Your fiber intake should be 25-35 grams per day. Slightly more for men.
#4-Stay hydrated. Aim for 8 cups of water per day. Limit your intake of caffeine.
#5-Write! Keep a journal of your food and liquid intake each day will help you stay motivated and more conscious of your consumption.
#6-Sleep! Not getting enough sleep can cause MANY problems in our bodies. Strive to get at least 7 hours eat night.

I have currently been following this "diet" for a little over a week...no cookies, no sugar, no bread! I have honestly never felt better. I am not always happy, but I am sure my body will adjust to not having any sugar and I just won't want it anymore.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment