Thursday, February 25, 2010

CrossFit Road Trip ~ WOD 3, Where’s Waldo? I mean, where is CrossFit?

Yeah, the driving directions continue to challenge us. We managed to get to a gym for our evening work out, waltz in and ask for Kate. Umm… Kate? Ha! Wrong gym. But, the place we landed at was very gracious.


Polo Lopez and Carissa Boone welcomed Amanda and I into their Box, and Polo got his crew working on form right away. The focus for the night was on Shoulder Press, Push Press, and Push Jerk. View a video HERE for all three movements.


The goal was to get your personal best in 3 attempts.
Shoulder Press
Jamie got 75 pounds which was a Personal Best. It is amazing what improved form can bring out.
Amanda got 55 pounds which was also a Personal Best!

Push Press
Jamie got 90 pounds which was a Personal Best.
Amanda got 65 pounds over her head. Yes, another Personal Best.

Push Jerk – We had run out of time before we tackled this one. Both Amanda and I need to get our form down on this one before we go crazy with pounds. Next time we will get you, you jerk.
Lessons Learned: Hmm… What is up with all these Personal Best’s? I am certain that what we are seeing is not just rookie numbers sky rocketing because we are new. Instead, I think that the differences is that we are so new to the CrossFit environment and each experience give us different perspectives.
This trip has been invaluable so far. Woot!

And as for the gym that we missed, it was goCrossFit. I am having a hard time finding their website, how ironic. :)

WOD 4, Friday morning. I better double check all of the details and addresses and phone numbers before we go.

2 comments:

  1. Great job both of you on your PRs. Sounds like your having a great "Lost" time and learning a lot. Enjoying your posts and pics. Keep it up, be safe and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ladies, my name is Nic Kirkland, I'm a college student in Terre Haute. For our spring break this year my 2 workout buddies and I are going on a CF road trip. I would love any tips, lessons learned, advice, etc...you can share from your own experience.

    Contact me at nic.a.kirkland@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete